Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Waters Are Choppy

Very, very choppy. I think I glutenized my son on Friday, as he has been a complete and utter pain in the ass all weekend. Ask ~L~. She'll tell you about our trip home from the Seattle zoo on Friday afternoon. Fun was (not) had by all.

I am depressed. I think it's official. There was sunshine today and I didn't even care. It didn't make me feel better. Walked down to the beach and it didn't lift my spirits at all.

I unpacked the last of my boxes today to discover that my beloved cookbooks are, in fact, missing. Not mislabeled in a box marked "trampoline parts". Missing. Around $1000 worth of cookbooks, my favorites, the ones I actually use. I had pared it down, gotten rid of all the others. These were my friends, the ones I referred back to time and again. Now they're gone and I am left alone. Again. It seems to be a running theme in my life.

Yeah, depressed. Fuck.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just saying-- you have friends. There are new friends. There will be even newer people. And there will be new cookbooks.

Each loss makes room for new growth.

I love the cookbooks; that's a heavy loss. But I do believe you will enjoy replacing them when you get over the shock.

Movers. SUCK.

Niki said...

I am sorry about the cookbooks. That's really awful.

*d* said...

Next time your at ~l~'s, swipe some cook books. (it may even be a while before she notices, just stay clear of any notebooks)

Big hugs, honey, big hugs. We're here for you.